The “Oils of Choice” to Improve NEW or OLD Asphalt Performance
HYDROLENE® PMA Enhancers
The outstanding solvency characteristics of Hydrolene Oils enhance compatibility between asphalt and polymers. This gives you the flexibility of using asphalts which are refined from a wider variety of crude oils. HollyFrontier Refining & Marketing was a pioneer in the use of oils in polymer technology. In fact, a number of the polymers available for polymer modified asphalt (PMA) already contain HollyFrontier oils as a standard component. Hydrolene improves both compatibility and performance in PMA.
key features and advantages
- High solvency creates flexibility when using asphalts refined from a wide variety of crude oil.
- Outstanding solvency characteristics to enhance compatibility between the asphalt and polymers.
- Ability to extend or increase the temperature range of the PMA asphalt.
- Improves critical cracking temperatures in performance grade asphalt binders.
- Low in viscosity which allows for ease and greater workability.
- High density results in lower cost per ton by delivering more pounds per gallon versus comparable lower density oils.
- Virtually free of asphaltenes, allowing you to balance the asphaltene versus maltene content of the asphalt.